Dumpster Tips & Resources
- You can dispose of up to 6 tons of waste within our dumpsters.
A maximum of 4 tons applies for Indiana.
- Waste must remain level to the sides of the dumpster.
- If you need the back door of the dumpster to open, allow at least 6 feet between structures and the dumpster
- To reduce the risk of driveway damage, place wood prior to our arrival. 3 pieces of 2×6 lumber, or 2 sheets of plywood will work.
- Contact your village to find out if a permit is required for your dumpster.
- No e-waste, such as tv’s, computers, printers, washers, dryers, and kitchen appliances
- No hazardous waste, oils, gases or chemicals
- No old car parts, such as car engines and rubber tires
- Please do not mix yard waste with other waste. It is important to keep these separate.
For contractors who plan on using multiple containers for large construction projects, our radio dispatched team can quickly deliver or re-spot a container when you need it. Contact one of our account representatives for multi-dumpster pricing options. Call 708-798-2212.
LEED projects (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) are projects designed to be environmentally friendly. Homewood Disposal Service has many years of disposal experience with LEED projects. Our experienced staff has gained a wealth of knowledge from numerous projects. Your project specifications will be met and proper documentation will be provided to track your recycling volume.